Never loose sight of what is important. Even after 55 years of marriage my husband has never lost sight of the love he
had for me when we were first married. Today more than ever it is important for families to stay together. Times have changed and people loose sight of why they were married in the first place.
If your relationship is rocky, feeling that love is no longer there, bills are over whelming, and the kids are growing up. Stop step back take a look at where it all started. What made you fall in love in the first place? Why did you get married?
I have some romantic idea that might help each of you bring back the fire in your relationship. Bring back the love you saw in each other eyes the day you said I do.
- Today both partners have to work to make ends meet. If your wife has to leave on a business trip for a few days, tell her that you are worried about her. That you have organized a bodyguard to look after her when she is away. Then give her a small teddy bear. This can spark joy in her eyes and she will cherish this teddy bear during her business trip.
- If your love life is failing and you have no time to spend together. One way to spark interest and let your partner know you still love him. Buy a package of glow in the dark star and stick them on your ceiling in your bedroom spelling out I love you. When the lights go out he will see “I Love You”. The message will be there as a constant reminder of how much you still love him and care for him.
- Men if you wife is feeling blue, work is over whelming, the house needs cleaning, and there is no time to wash clothes. Buy her 11 real red roses and one artificial red rose. Place the artificial red rose in the center of the bunch. Attach a card to the rose that says “I will love you until the last rose fades”.
- If your partner never has time for you and is always on the Internet. Buy their domain name. For example www.GeorgeBrown.com. Create a Webpage containing a romantic poem, how much you love him and a picture of his favorite sports car, motor cycle, or if he is into baseball, football or soccer on the page. The next time he is spending all his time on the Internet ask him if he has ever checked to see if his name has been taken for a domain name. When he searches for his name and finds his name on the Internet look at the surprise he receives when he opens up the page.
- Husbands surprise your wife one day and have flowered delivered to her at work. She will be surprised, enjoy the flowers on her, will receive comments and attention from her co-workers which will add her happiness.
- Leave the children with the Grandparents for the weekend. If a weekend is not possible for one day. Take a romantic walk on the beach, country side, or in the mountains. During the walk pick up a round smooth rock and tell your wife you are going to keep this as a special reminder of this day. Later take this rock to a jeweler and have it engraved with “I love (her name) on it. Give her this rock and see the surprise on her face.
- Leave the children for the day with your parents or neighbor. Prepare a picnic of cheese, crackers, fresh fruit, some wine, and grapes. Put in your basket a blanket, glasses, and cork screw to open the wine with. Have this in the trunk of the car and ready to go. Tell your wife you want to take her on a drive. Find a nice place like a country side, mountain or nice park. Bring out the picnic and surprise her. After eating lay down on the blanket the two of you and start to look at the clouds and the images in the clouds. Start to enjoy the lazy afternoon naming the cloud formations.
- Men take a piece of paper and draw with coloring crayons making childlike stick figures. Draw a smiley sun and a big heart on a tree with an arrow through it. Write in the middle of the “I Love You. Find a legal size envelope and address it to your wives work with her name on it. Place your drawing inside the envelope and mail it to her job. When she receives this in the middle of her busy day and opens it up she will have the surprise of her life. This will put a smile on her face.
- Men buy a long steam red rose and leave it where your wife can find it. Attach to the rose a note “Thank you for coming into my life”.
- Men buy a small decorated cardboard box, a sheet of colored tissue paper, and some massage oil, and a blank card. Line the box with the tissue paper. Place the massage oil in the box and write on the card “I know a great Masseur. For an appointment ring: (your phone number). Put this in the box and leave it on her pillow on the bed.
- Take a sunset walk on the beach. Draw a large heart in the sand. Take your wife and sit in the center of the heart and watch the sunset. Tell her how much you love her and enjoy these special moments together.
- If your wife has long hair, take the time to brush it using long slow strokes. This is particularly effective after she has had a shower or is getting ready for bed.
- Men and women this one works both ways. Contact the parents of your partner. Ask them if there was anything special they wanted when they were a child and never received it. Then for there birthday or Christmas buy them this gift. If you husband wanted a special skateboard buy it for him. If your wife wanted a special doll buy it for her. See the surprise on their face and how thoughtful you were to find out what each other always wanted.
- Write a note to your husband or wife. On the note say “I thought of you today, and it made me smile”. If it is to your wife pin it on the refrigerator, if it is to your husband tape it on the bathroom mirror.
- This is for the man or woman. If your Husband or Wife has a voice mail at work. After leaving in the morning call their office and leave a message on their voce mail. You may say something like “Just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you”. When arriving at work and checking voice mail messages this will be one of the first message they hear for the day. This will leave a lasting impression on them the entire day and put a smile on their face.
Remember what is important. Never loose sight of each other and what brought you together in the first place. Always keep the love going and spark it here and there to bring the fire back.