Attitude what is it? We can look this up in the Webster’s dictionary and find out the meaning. Webster describes attitude
as “Position as indicating action, feeling, or mood; as, in times of trouble let a nation preserve a firm attitude….”
What does this all mean? Attitude is the basis that prepares us to face life’s challenges. If you carry around with you an attitude of defeatist you are inviting defeat into your life. If your attitude says success you are inviting success into your life.
Working on changing your attitude from defeat to success takes come changes in your mind and efforts on your part. How can you develop an attitude of success? Let us examine some ideas of attitude change in our lives:
- Surround yourself with people who feel good about themselves. Stay away from negative minded people in your life. Positive attitudes will pull you upward where negative attitudes will pull you downward. Surround yourself with positive minded people who can reveal your hidden potentials in your life and make you success minded.
- Always seek to step up higher on the ladder of success. Have you ever heard of a mediocre success? Well let me tell you this there is no such thing. Success is always one step higher than mediocre. In your life if you always seek to step up one step higher from where you are today you will achieve your goals. Never stop seeking to better yourself in your life. Think of life as a ladder and you need to climb this ladder one step at a time to reach the top. If you stop in the middle and forget to advance and climb your life is stuck in one place. Always consider life like a ladder there is always one rung higher from where you are now.
- Look for the opportunities in ever challenge never let one pass you by. Stop yourself from being a victim of negative feeling. When you find yourself in a difficult situation do not let negative thoughts get in your way. The challenges in our lives are there for a reason. They are put into our lives to makes us think, to act, to connect with other, and to motivate us. When a crisis enters our lives think of how the Chinese would write this. The Chinese word for crisis is composed of two characters. One represents damager and the other represents opportunity. Always consider the opportunity you may gain out of every crisis you encounter in your life
- Learn, Learn, and Learn some more never stop learning. I read once a wise old soul wrote “An idle mind is the devil’s playground, and it’s called Alzheimer’s disease.” This might not be the case but it got you thinking now. Our minds need to be feed all the time. We can not allow our minds to go idle. We need our minds filled with learning experiences and not junk. Feed your mind with food that will bring out the creativity and potential advancements of your mind. Just remember the road to success for many has been paved with brilliant ideas learned and then put into effect. Keep your mind sharp and continue to learn each day fuel your mind with learning experiences that can advance you in your life.
- Be of service always willing to help others. When you are of service and help other to succeed they are there standing behind you helping you to succeed at the same time. Think of your services as a ladder. The person who is in front of you pushing him up one step closer to the top. Then the person who is below you will push you up one step to take the others place. If you are negative and try to defeat the person who is ahead of you on the ladder there is no room for you to advance. Consider the person who is one step above you on the ladder. If you push him and he falls he can take you with him on his way down.
Changing your attitude is not an over night process. In one night we can not build an attitude of success. The change of attitude is done over time and is a slow process. You will never know how long it takes unless you change your attitude today. The road to success and attitude chance must start now. When you begin the changing process you might discover that success is right around the next corner.